It is pretty hard to get adequate photos of a picnic for about 700 children. This I learned yesterday, July 15, at Lincoln Park in Rock Island. The event that gathered all these children was the last day celebration for the Rock Island Parks and Recreation summer program for children.
So groups arrived in busses from several programs:
- Rock Island Parks and Recreation had their groups from the Academy, from the Math and Science Center and from Ridgeview Elementary Schools.
- The Martin Luther King Center summer program was there.
- The Family Literacy Program from the Church of Peace came on a bus.
- Valley View Homes program was there.
- Casa Guanajuato was represented.
- The program by Rock Island Housing Authority that meets at Frances Willard School was there.
- Broadway Presbyterian Church program for refugee teens.
- I have this bad feeling that I am forgetting some of the programs.